March 29, 2016
– Each member has its own proprietary reserve account from which First Nonprofit Group reimburses the state on the member’s behalf for benefits paid to its former employees.
– A member is responsible solely for its costs and retains all of its earnings. There is no pooling of risk or absorption of other members’ losses.
– Professional unemployment claims administrations is included at no additional charge to assist the member in eliminating all unwarranted costs.
– Stop Loss Insurance protects each member from excessive losses for unemployment claims. As an added benefit, once a member’s benefit charges exceed the policy deductible, the remaining charges are covered, up to the policy limit, by AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. (Rated A, Excellent by AM Best).
– Member reserves are invested in AAA bonds and fully-insured money market funds with an emphasis on capital protection to ensure that each member’s fund balance is available for the payment of benefits to former employees or for the member to redeem, when necessary.
– A unique deposit payment plan is developed for each organization based on it claims history. Annual deposits are billed in equal quarterly increments to help member organizations maintain a steady cash flow and budgetary certainty.
– Program fees are based on a multiple of each member’s gross annual payroll.
– Program management is supervised by the Board of Supervisors, elected by and representing the members.
– The program is available nationwide and currently includes nearly 1,800 agencies in over 40 states.
– The program is endorsed and recognized by 33 national and state nonprofit associations.
– Member of the Association of Unemployment Tax Organizations and UWC Foundation.
Working with Marshal Whittey at First Nonprofit has been a great experience. He handles our request as a priority and goes above and beyond to resolve any issues we have in a timely manner. Marshall follows through to the end and ensures our needs are met. He has been a great resource for LSC and our “go to” for any tax questions we may have. With LSC transitioning several facilities into one federal tax identification number, First Nonprofit was able to assist and provide guidance with best practices resolving claims to each entity. Additionally First Nonprofit provided knowledge (information materials) and one on one training to HRS group with best practices to handle claims state adjudicated, fraudulent claims, and appeals. And processing information in the First Nonprofit [unemployment claims] system allows for timely information can be collected.
My experience with FNP has been wonderful. Unemployment in general is quite confusing and FNP has simplified the process for us. Everyone we have reached out to or worked with has been very helpful and follows up to be sure we understand the information. I am so happy we made the switch to FNP!
First Nonprofit smoothed the unemployment perils for our organization during Covid. Without the ability to cap our UI exposure, we would not have been able to weather the storm. The program worked perfectly and we have come out of the pandemic ready to forge on. Thanks FNP!
My experience with the FNP has been fantastic. The idea of setting funds aside for the unemployment tax liability is a bedrock for nonprofit organizations like mine, namely ASHBA; what is even more advantageous is having the FNP as a custodian of those funds. 100% recommended!
I would like to comment on my experience with FNP….to date our District has saved $1,000’s of dollars by being enrolled in the First Nonprofit program. My only regret is that we did not know about this method of paying unemployment tax years ago….as I had figured about five years
ago, had we enrolled 15-20 years ago, we could have saved our small school district upwards of $500,000 in payments to IDES. Also we would have had a pretty hefty sum of money in our Reserve Account. Thankfully I attended a workshop hosted by First Nonprofit back in 2015 which got the ball rolling!
I have worked with the First Non-Profit Team for many years, and I appreciate the quick response and care that Cecilia and the team provides anytime I have questions. While there are other providers that may provide like services, First Nonprofit will always be my first choice! I appreciate you!
First Nonprofit has been easy to work with and makes the administrative process easier and smoother. We enjoy working with you.
Luckily for us, our interactions regarding any issues with staffing has been very minimal! I can say that all other interactions with regards to billing, 941 reporting, etc. have been extremely pleasant, accommodating and easy to work with. Kim Ghanayem is always prompt, professional and friendly. Thank you so much!