March 29, 2016
– Each member has its own proprietary reserve account from which First Nonprofit Group reimburses the state on the member’s behalf for benefits paid to its former employees.
– A member is responsible solely for its costs and retains all of its earnings. There is no pooling of risk or absorption of other members’ losses.
– Professional unemployment claims administrations is included at no additional charge to assist the member in eliminating all unwarranted costs.
– Stop Loss Insurance protects each member from excessive losses for unemployment claims. As an added benefit, once a member’s benefit charges exceed the policy deductible, the remaining charges are covered, up to the policy limit, by AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. (Rated A, Excellent by AM Best).
– Member reserves are invested in AAA bonds and fully-insured money market funds with an emphasis on capital protection to ensure that each member’s fund balance is available for the payment of benefits to former employees or for the member to redeem, when necessary.
– A unique deposit payment plan is developed for each organization based on it claims history. Annual deposits are billed in equal quarterly increments to help member organizations maintain a steady cash flow and budgetary certainty.
– Program fees are based on a multiple of each member’s gross annual payroll.
– Program management is supervised by the Board of Supervisors, elected by and representing the members.
– The program is available nationwide and currently includes nearly 1,800 agencies in over 40 states.
– The program is endorsed and recognized by 33 national and state nonprofit associations.
– Member of the Association of Unemployment Tax Organizations and UWC Foundation.
First Nonprofit has saved us so much money over the state’s program. We had one little glitch with the state recently and we contacted FNP immediately. FNP staff called us back immediately and moved to remedy the problem.
First Nonprofit has been a great partner. They have helped us saved hundreds of thousands of dollars! They have awesome resources for our nonprofit organization. Thanks for the partnership.
Life is certainly busy these days but having business partners like First Nonprofit has made some of the process hassle free. We have worked with this team for years. When we changed payroll systems, they outlined every step. I think this team is terrific and I know they get the job done! Thank you, Cruz, to all the team at FNP.
FNP has helped our agency to save thousands of dollars every year on our unemployment coverage. The service is phenomenal, and we are thankful to their team as our partner. My experience working with Marshall on the advocacy around UE for nonprofits was also a highlight as someone who teaches advocacy and lobbying for nonprofits. Really, your whole team is top shelf, so thank YOU!
Chicago Children’s Theatre has greatly benefited from our partnership with First Nonprofit, and I have always enjoyed working with the staff on our filings and any complicated questions. I would not hesitate to recommend First Nonprofit to fellow nonprofits. We’re very happy customers.
FNP is a great resource for Daniel Kids. To have a TPA that we can count on to take point on not only managing our unemployment claims, but to support and guide any protest hearing, is invaluable. All the professional support staff we have worked with have been excellent, very knowledgeable and responsive. We are grateful for the help and support, thank you.
When I first began in my position at my organization, I hadn’t had experience working with a company like FNP. The staff was so patient and helpful in helping to explain the benefits of First Nonprofit. Anytime I reach out with a question I receive a quick, clear, and thorough response. I’m so thankful that we decided to partner with FNP. Their excellence in customer service, coupled with their variety of packages frees us up to truly serve our staff and community with a peace of mind knowing that our organization is protected against unanticipated unemployment insurance expenses.
First Nonprofit gets an A+ in my book. You are so easy to work with & very knowledgeable! Whether it is my quarterly correspondence with Kim or my random interactions with Dawn about a bond … I am so pleased that I get to work with such a helpful company. Thank you!